SHUTTER SPEED CREATIVITY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP | TOWER BRIDGE, LONDON
LEARN LONG EXPOSURES, LIGHT TRAILS, PANNING & MORE IN THIS EVENING PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPWITH TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR FINALIST MATTHEW WILLIAMS-ELLIS
IN A SNAPSHOT
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
If you love taking photos, but want to get to grips with using shutter speeds to produce more creative photos, then this is the photography workshop for you!
During the workshop you will learn about different types of panning, light trails and long exposure photography with ‘in the field’ tutorials, allowing you to practise and experiment with newly learned techniques while photographing around St Pauls Cathedral, Leadenhall Market and Tower Bridge, at some of London’s most iconic locations.
At the same time as learning the technical side of using longer shutter speeds, we will talk a lot about the thought process of creating (not just taking) photos. I will offer tips on composition, guide your photographic eye and help you develop a proactive photography mindset, ensuring you can apply your new found skills to any given situation when photographing in the future.
Please note: I will always be happy to talk about any topic that you do not understand, however I do recommend attending one of my beginners ‘Master Your Camera’ workshops prior to attending this photography workshop.
No two photography workshops are exactly the same, as photos are all about the light. Some subjects suit cloudy days and others suit sunny days. In general though, this London photography workshop will run as follows:
Meet: I will offer a brief overview of the evening, before setting straight out to explore London with our cameras.
Evening: As we explore St Pauls, Leadenhall Market and Tower Bridge, you will learn various ways of using shutter speeds to add energy to photos, and inject some life into a scene. You will find out how to pan using the iconic London buses, discover how to create milky water during a sunset and blue hour shoot, before ending the session with a light trails session. Central London and the area around Tower Bridge is seriously photogenic, so using your new-found skills, you are guaranteed to return home with photos to be proud of.
MEET YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE MATTHEW
I am a London-based travel, documentary and landscape photographer. Whether leading photography workshops and holidays, shooting assignments for travel companies or working on personal projects, there is simply nothing better than getting out there and exploring the world with camera in hand.
Travel offers endless fascinating subjects for photography, and whether you join me photographing central London at sunset, capturing lemurs and landscapes in Madagascar or taking portraits of carol singers in bear costumes in Romania, I can’t wait to help you capture them.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Being creative with shutter speed priority mode
- Experiment with different types of panning
- How to shoot light trails
- How to photograph long exposures at sunset
- Best practises for capturing pin point sharp photos with a tripod
- How to create milky water and streaky clouds
- Using filters to transform your landscape photography
- Tips and tricks for eye-catching compositions
- The importance of light and shooting at the best time of day
- Shooting in manual mode
- Selecting the most appropriate equipment (although it is not about what equipment you have, it is how you use it!)
- Camera: Essential(!). Any digital SLR or other camera that can be controlled manually. Please contact before booking if you only have a smart phone.
- Lenses: Standard lens (c18-55mm) essential, telephoto lens optional.
- Tripod: Essential. Any size will be fine, but the more sturdy the better! Loan can be arranged.
- Filters: Optional, but this is a great opportunity to learn how to use ND and graduated filters if you own them.
- Other: Wrap up warm if it is a cold day. The temperature drops quickly after the sun sets!
DATES & BOOKING
17 November 2021: 2.00pm to 5.00pm (sunset 4.08pm)
26 January 2022: 2.30pm to 5.30pm (sunset 4.39pm)
If you are ready to book, you can book directly through the button below, or alternatively just drop me a message letting me know which date you are interested in. I will then send you the meet point and payment details. Alternatively, if you have any questions at all, I would be very happy to answer them. I look forward to meeting you!
GET IN TOUCH ABOUT THIS LONDON PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP