Have you got a spare few minutes to explore Morocco? Then why not join me and travel around this impossibly varied North African country?
This post includes my favourite photos from a short two week trip to Morocco. Never have I experience such a variety of scenery in such a short space of time: Marrakech, with it’s frenetic souks around Djemaa El Fna; Essaouira, an old coastal fishing town; The Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert, home to Morocco’s highest sand dunes; and the peaceful High Atlas Mountains boasting impressive snow capped peaks.
I hope you enjoy my top 20 photos of Morocco…
1. Tourists on a camel ride in Erg Chebbi Desert, Sahara Desert near Merzouga, Morocco
2. Panoramic photo of food stalls, people and Koutoubia Mosque at sunset in Place Djemaa El Fna Square, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
3. Moroccan people playing street games in Place Djemaa El Fna, the famous square in Marrakech, Morocco
4. Majorelle Gardens, aka Gardens of Yves Saint-Laurent, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
5. Sand dune landscape at Erg Chebbi Desert, Sahara Desert near Merzouga, Morocco
6. Colourful spices closeup in the souks of Marrakech, just off Djemaa El Fna, Morocco
7. Moped speeding through the old Medina, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
8. Panoramic photo of a camel train in the Erg Chebbi Desert near Merzouga, Morocco
9. Silhouette of a camel in the desert at night, Erg Chebbi Desert, Morocco
10. Tourists visiting Medersa Ben Youssef, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
11. Colourful babouche (mens leather slippers) for sale in the Marrakech souks in the old Medina, Place Djemaa El Fna Square, Morocco
12. Portrait of a Berber man in Ouanskra, a Berber village in the High Atlas Mountains, Morocco
13. Camel caravan shadows, Erg Chebbi Desert, Sahara Desert near Merzouga, Morocco
14. Katoubia Mosque and palm tree in Djemaa El Fna, the famous square in Marrakech, Morocco
15. Portrait photo of a carpenter working in his workshop, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
16. Berber men shopping, Essaouira, formerly Mogador, Morocco
17. Berber jewelry and Moroccan knives for sale at the Dades Gorge, Dades Valley, Morocco
18. Traditional metal Moroccan mint tea pots for sale in the Marrakech souks in the old Medina, Morocco
19. Panoramic photo of a typical Moroccan desert town in the Dades Valley, Dades Gorge, Morocco
20. Black and white portrait photo of a Berber man with a bird of prey in Djemaa El Fna Square, Marrakech (Marrakesh), Morocco
Thank you so much for look through all my photos. If you still have an appetite for exploring more of Morocco, I’d love it if you checked out my full Morocco photography highlights gallery or visited my full collection of photos of Morocco in my archive.