MADAGASCAR TRAVEL & WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY HOLIDAY
A 2 WEEK ADVENTURE THROUGH MADAGASCAR TO PHOTOGRAPH LEMURS, LANDSCAPES & LAUGHTERWITH TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR FINALIST MATTHEW WILLIAMS-ELLIS
WHAT HAPPENS ON THIS MADAGASCAR PHOTOGRAPHY HOLIDAY?
This two week Madagascar photography holiday offers the opportunity to learn wildlife, travel and landscape photography in one of the most beautiful, fascinating and biodiverse countries in the world. As we travel by 4 wheel drive from Antananarivo to Ifaty, you will learn wildlife photography while searching for baby lemurs and chameleons, be up at first light to capture sunrise at Isalo National Park and capture portraits as we interact with locals in bustling, colourful markets.
This photography holiday is all about getting out there and taking LOTS of photos, practising and experimenting with newly learned techniques, tips and tricks in front of exciting subjects. By the end of the trip, you will feel confident about both technical and creative aspects of photography. You will further your photographic eye, develop a proactive photography mindset, allowing you to capture eye-catching and emotive photographs when traveling in the future. You will come away with stunning images, telling the story of this vibrant country.
When we are not out and about, I will provide feedback and guidance on photos taken during the day, as well as offering tutorials on editing, lightroom, organisation and output of images.
The best way to learn about what it’s like to go on this Madagascar photography workshop holiday is to check out my write up of the previous trip here.
- Learn macro photography while photographing chameleons in Andasibe National Park
- Try to capture an Indri mid flight as it springs from tree to tree in Ranomafana National Park
- Photography the extraordinary landscape at sunrise from a rocky outcrop in Isalo National Park
- Learn street photography while exploring bustling markets in Ambalavao and Antsirabe
- Capture intimate portraits while getting to know the incredibly friendly locals as they make bricks, work in paddy fields and practise traditional arts and crafts
- Learn wildlife photography in the presence of baby lemurs in Anja Natural Reserve
- Photograph iconic baobab trees under the nights sky in the spiny forest
- Learn to edit while enjoying magical sunsets in the coastal town of Ifaty
- The unknown – as we drive across the island, we make plenty of unplanned stops when we come across anything interesting
MEET YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDE MATTHEW
I am a London-based travel, documentary and landscape photographer. Whether leading a photography workshop or holiday, shooting an assignment for a travel company or working on personal projects, there is simply nothing better than getting out there and exploring the world with camera in hand. Travel offers endless fascinating subjects for photography, and I can’t wait to help you capture them.
WHAT DO PREVIOUS CLIENTS THINK?
“Matthew is quite unlike any other Professional Photographer I have met on other photography holidays. Apart from his unique talent as a Photographer he has the gift of inspiring, encouraging and giving confidence to his pupils. Matthew is generous in sharing both his knowledge and his time with patience and understanding.” – Jean Dance
DATES, PRICE & BOOKING
4 to 18 October 2020
£3,950 exc. flights
8 places available
PHOTO GALLERY FROM PREVIOUS MADAGASCAR PHOTOGRAPHY HOLIDAY